Thursday, March 12, 2009

Product Review That is Pretty Much Almost Not One

So remember the cupcake key cover I showed you a few weeks ago? I couldn't find it in my local Wet Seal, but there was no way I was going to let my keys go naked and friendless because of that. I ordered the tiny, smiling baked good online, and just today it arrived (thank goodness I checked the mail room early-- I wouldn't want this little dude sitting around all lonely).

First of all, it came it a very unnecessary bag that was meant to ship, like, shirts and stuff-- you know, since they mostly sell shirts and stuff. I found this hilarious and wasteful at the same time (fear not: I recycled the bag), which I made clear to my boyfriend-- who I should probably just tell you is named Luke so I don't have to keep referring to him as some nameless dude I'm dating-- when he came out of the bathroom to me laughing and shoving the bag in his face. It was 8 AM, so he didn't find it nearly as funny as I did. Go figure.

The product itself is as adorable as advertised and I just kind've stared at it at breakfast while my cheesy eggs got cold (mmm cheesy eggs). I got back to my room, though, and found when I tried to put it on my house key, it did not fit. Nope, the house key was too big for my frosting'd friend, and I got very sad for a minute and wondered what the heck to do then. The key to my mom's Hyundai (yeah, I'm so cool that I'm 20 and I drive my mom's car, what of it?) already has that black cover thingie on it that you can't remove, and the only other key there was my mailbox key, which I never use. In fact, I don't think I even know where our mailbox is at the apartment complex we now live at. That's what moms are for, I guess.

Anyway, I finally squeezed the key to my dorm room into the cupcake's tiny slot (I hope that didn't sound dirty-- sorry, little guy), and all was well with the world. Here is how cute this thing is in person:

chillin' atop my dayplanner

action shot!

Excuse the supremely crappy quality of these pictures, but my camera was woefully low on batteries and I didn't have any extra, so poor cupcake's photoshoot had to be quick and unrefined.

So I'm very happy with it, even though I don't know what I'll do with it once the semester is over and I no longer have a dorm key until late August. I suppose I'll have to stick it on my mailbox key. Maybe I'll even find out where my mailbox is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails