Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Results May Vary

hilary rhoda (<33333!) by terry richardson

*They say it's best to start off with a joke, so here's this actually really real story from the BBC news that I found earlier this week, in which a family's darling teenage son draws a ginormous penis on the family roof. Genius. I must meet this kid.

*"But don't talk back to Darth Vader-- he'll getcha!"

*I found this great site of useless stuff. It's called World Wide Fred, and it features stuff like stiletto-shaped doorstops, Pac-Man oven mitts, and butter dishes shaped like bread. I think I'm going to buy pretty much everything when I have my own place.

*Speaking of my future home, if I ever have a game room...

blik wall decals-- find 'em here

*Endangered Species Chocolate looks like a pretty good deal, if you ask me. You get awareness, a nice package, ethical trading, and lots of other good stuff all for about the price of a high-end chocolate bar at your grocery store. I mean, you gotta pay the shipping cost, but it's worth it. C'mon-- chocolate!




*The above picture is from a website full of kids' artistic interpretations of common sayings. I love it. It's addictive. It's adorable. It's reflective of how silly, silly, silly the English language is. Check it out.

*If you get tired in the middle of the day, get into your comfiest nightwear and take a nap. What's your rush? The world will be there when you wake up.

*One of the funniest Onion News clips I've seen in awhile. Ah, satire.

*I kind've adore The Mighty Boosh. If this leaves you with your mouth open, confused and drooling, take comfort in the fact that I'm pretty sure that's what's supposed to happen.

by jodi cobb at national geographic


*Remember to try your best to forgive. To me, that could just as well mean telling someone to shove it and then never talking to them again, if that's what you feel is right. Forgiveness, to me, is setting aside those wrongs in a way that means you don't have to suffer anymore. Just seek closure to the things that have hurt you. Life is too short to go around sad and hurt and angry.


*Give a compliment to one random person today. It might be exactly what they needed. (Then do it the next day, and the next day, and the next day....)


These are some of the things I'm lovin' this week, but tell me what you think in the comments!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, those kids' pictures? Amazing. On my way to go send those to my mother.

Ashley said...

i love the onion too!
its really funny.

Kylie said...

That game room is so awesome! I love it, I want to paint my walls with mario now...

And the boosh is my baby. If your a real big nerd you might recognize title in tomorows post....

<3<3<3

Love + Cake said...

omggg, Those wall decals are SOOO outrageous!! I want a game room now...!
How've you been? :)

<3 mavi

Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

world wide fred is a great site! and i heard about the kid who drew the penis on the roof. can't believe it took that long for his parents to find out. haha

amanda said...

I love the kids' drawings. They're so silly and wonderfully creative! I think if I'm ever asked to babysit, I'll have the little ones draw idioms for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails