Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Results May Vary

Photobucket
by simon pais-thomas

*I haven't tried this recipe for cookie dough brownie bars yet, but when I do... oh boy, I don't think life will ever be the same. If you give these a shot, let me know how it goes.

*I have become seriously addicted to the PopCap game Plants Vs. Zombies. In the game, you strategically plant loads of curious flowers and such in order to protect your house from mobs of crazy invading zombies. It's awesome. Download the demo here. I'll even tell you a little secret-- if you want the full version, shoot me an email at vformato@clarku.edu and I can hook you up.

*"Why Mami?" is a great little blog I stumbled upon. The writers take the time to answer the questions their children ask, from why the sky is blue to why we have that pesky armpit hair. There aren't a lot of posts, but the ones that are there are pretty informative.

*Major love for this new Regina Spektor song.

Photobucket
"I believe everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so that you will eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes, good things fall apart, so better things can fall together." -- Marilyn Monroe [source]

*Oh God, Greg Pattillo (beatboxing flutist-- holla!) covering Jethro Tull's version of "Bouree."

*I need a colorblock dress. I have wanted one forever. Since the beginning of time. Okay, like last year, but still. I love this one and any of these.

*Models have moms!

Photobucket
ever wonder what happened to elyse from antm season one? click here for more.

*Sometimes waitressing is really rewarding. If anything, it teaches you how the simplest of your interactions with another person can make or break their day. An old lady handed me a very generous twenty five dollar tip, clasped my hand, and asked me to say a prayer for her. She was 93, and I told her I would. She told me that I am a "lovely, lovely girl" and that she would ask for me next time she was there, and even if she doesn't really, I'm going to remember her forever, and I am so grateful for her kindness. Lesson of the day: go out of your way to be nice to someone you don't even know-- you never know how it will affect them.

*Feeding America-- donate?

*Dear Betsey Johnson, send me this dress. Kthanks. Love, Vanessa.

*Spin in circles until you're dizzy.

craig mcdean, numero 01


*These are some of the things I'm lovin' this week, but results may vary. Tell me what you think in the comments!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails