Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Small Acts



*Give up your seat on the bus/subway if it's crowded.

*Let someone cut you in line.

*Smile.

*Leave your change in the vending machine.

*If you live in a dorm, write love notes on all the dry erase boards. If not, leave notes in mailboxes or taped to front doors.

*Go to an animal shelter and ask to play with the animals.

*Clean out your closet and give the stuff you don't want to Good Will or a local homeless shelter.

*Compliment a random stranger.

*Share your umbrella on a rainy day.

*Call your parents, grandparents, best friend, etc. for no reason, just to talk.

*Donate to a charity, even if it's only $1.


What wonderful things have you done lately?


8 comments:

Laells said...

Nice list, love. :)

I live in a tiny apartment building with only six units. So I think I might put together some pretty Valentines to tape to their mailboxes. I don't think I could slide it in the vents. Maaaybe... hmmm... I think I'll bust out the glitter, glue gun, and lace too. :D

kimbirdy said...

Oh how I love this list! Beautiful ideas here. I gave a man a stamp so he didn't have to wait in the ridiculously long line at the post office to buy one. It's funny, being nice feels so good - why don't we all do it more?

Sweet Spectre said...

Aw these are great ideas.

thegirlhassparke said...

Lovely post! I think i will try and compliment someone at they gym today!

Rachelle said...

I love your list...especially the last one about donating to charity even if it's a dollar. I wanted to share that I am in the midst of feeding at least one person struggling with hunger a day for 365 days. With that same thought...it only takes a quarter to feed someone in need. We can make a difference with so little. If you feel inspired, you can see the project at www.onemindfulact.com/blog. Thanks for bringing cheer!

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

This is such a great list!!! It makes me happy just reading them!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Diana said...

These are so sweet! Sometimes it's the little things that can really make someone's day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails