Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hanging My Head in Shame

I've been a lazy little blogger lately, and I do apologize. My schedule has basically been as follows (today is the specific example):

10ish: Rise and shine, sweetheart! That's what my alarm clock says right before I smack it in the head to make it shut up. This happens repeatedly for a half an hour. Then I put on a decent outfit but totally ignore the fact my hair looks like it survived a harrowing badger attack.

11:00-11:50: I sit through Daeg Brenner's review for the exam on Friday without really listening because I'm too busy faking my way through the math for a chem lab that's due in 3 hours. My hipster friend next to me talks about the Red Sox. He forgets I don't care. "Hipster," by the way, is the term I use to a boy wearing a Flock of Seagulls T-shirt, pink and black tie, baseball hat, and multi-colored Converse.

11:50-1:15: I run back to my room after class-- quickly grabbing a Coca-Cola Zero and some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (you're welcome for the plug, Coke and Hersey's) on the way-- to work on two labs and watch a little trashy VH1 programming. I finished up and threw on some heels to run to the lab.

1:25-What Felt Like the Rest of My Life: I had to titrate my goddam solution more times than is necessary because it turned too pink. Too. Pink. I know that you have no idea what I'm talking about and I don't want to relive the nightmare.

5:30-6:30: Dinner, which always takes way too long.

7:00-7:20: Walked around the library looking for the people in my presentation group but couldn't find them.

8:00-8:30: Happily watched Top Model, calling my dearest Covino (yes, the one with the Zorro in her car) during the commercials to talk about how she really wants a child named Spontaniouse. Unfortunately, the dude in my presentation group called me up to ask where I was. Apparently I'm blind. Put on my heels, don my coat, I'm off again.

8:35-9:30: I'm stupid, or at least that's what it feels like talking to the guy in my group. We're all doing presentations on Logic by Olympia Vernon (it was great-- read it), but he's older and more packed with rhetoric than I, so I mostly sat there and agreed with the things he said.

9:35-2:00: This was a combination of having a heart-to-heart with my roommate about life and dorm drama, mediating my roommate's discussion with our friend about their dorm drama, trying to get a great outfit all set for the Drag Ball that I never went to (my friend Minh has a beautiful black and silver tie that I've been dying to find a reason to borrow and wear in public... however, I never got the tie. Sad face), and going to a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which was a bizarre experience to say the least. I can't say I've ever wanted to almost get a peek at a dude's genitals while he was wearing a dress. It broke my heart a little.

2:08: Finished writing my whole day's schedule, which I only showed you to make you really believe that my days at Clark are action-packed enough so as to sometimes prevent me from having a moment to blog (and text and post and host, podcast your bastard ass from coast to coast... Sorry, I had a moment.)

Anyway, I promise lots of new fun things soon. Would I lie to you?

Like...

-MAYBE a new Sartorialist-like feature on Clark University fashion (or anywhere else I remember to bring my camera to).
-MAYBE a guest post from the legendary Covino on her new dorky T-shirt.
-DEFINITELY fantasticalness. This is my blog. I can make up whatever words I want to. Fleebleschnitz.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails