Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!

I went to the mailroom today to be greeted by a lovely pink slip. No, I'm not fired from college, I received a package!

"Lovely!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down, "I bet this is my Vogue."

So I went to the desk, still trembling with excitement, and presented my pink Golden Ticket to joy. However, what I received was not, in fact, my Vogue, which I've been dying to tear to pieces (that sexy, sexy rag) and plaster all over my wall. It was a small bubbly package from an unknown sender.

"This is not goddam Vogue! My good golly gosh, whatever can this be?" My first inkling was anthrax, but I decided to risk it.

Once I got back to a place with a pair of scissors (aka The Fashion Batcave), I opened it up.

Lo and behold! A book!

"Why are you bothering to tell me this?" you ask.

Because it's How to be a Budget Fashionista by THE Budget Fashionista (Kathryn Finney). A while back, she posted an offer on her site to send fellow bloggers a copy of her book in exchange for a review.

AND SHE AUTOGRAPHED IT! LIKE, WROTE MY NAME AND HERS! HERSELF! OH MY GOD!

I feel so honored that a famous blogger wrote my name, that of an obscure, upstart blogger. If my insane excitement isn't dorky, I don't know what is.

I already started reading it, and the first few pages are as witty as I had dreamed. Expect a fantastic review sometime in the nearish future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails