Saturday, February 28, 2009

Because I Said I'd Write These Blurbs Days Ago

Milan is to die for so far, but before I head off to the second day of a conference on the future of African-American literature, here are the pictures I had lying around from [insert drumroll]...

Vivienne Westwood Red Label



I had to include this look because as soon as I saw it, I was reminded of the Jean Paul Gaultier s/s 2007 couture show where everyone was rockin' the saintly look with great headpieces just like this green one. The look is simply very wearable and nice in every other aspect, but the reference made it for me.

I love red coats. I don't think that they're played-out. At all. I love how the red is acting almost as a neon in this case, and also how it's styled so that the plaid dress shows underneath and it's all jazzed-up with a striped scarf that resembles a coral snake.

This is one of those looks that cought my eye because it has so much going on and none of it seems to go together, but I still can't stop looking. In real life, I don't think I'd dare where two different colored plaids together like this. It looks mismatched, but I'm sure that was the point. I can't tell if she's wearing a sweater/sweatervest with a white shirt underneath or if it's a black shirt with white details (your opinion?) I think the argyle bag alone would have been enough to earn this picture a blurb. Argyle's my fave.

I mostly loved this look because I wish my hair looked like that omg it's so cute and perfect in its swoopiness that I will never know because I have curly hair damn the world. Though I love my curls, she looks so fun and elegant at the same time with that hairstyle. I think it's just a well-executed ponytail, but whatever. Also, is she wearing the hell out of rainboots? I think she is. First jumpsuits, then rainboots. Where will all these subversions of my sense of reality end?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails