Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fall '09 Disappointmastravaganza

Not entirely true. In fact, I mostly lie. I have so many images from the Emporio Armani show saved on my computer that it's super ridiculous and I still can't think of a creative way to show my favorites to you (I tried making a collage, but it came out weird). But one of the shows I was most looking forward to was a comple-- zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... oh, damn, I fell asleep for a minute. Surely you understand what I'm trying to say. I'm talking about Gareth Pugh. I love Gareth Pugh. So much. More than chocolate pie, and I fucking love chocolate pie. But, seriously, what happened, Gareth? I want you to be completely, utterly batshit-crazy. I totally subscribe to the stereotype of fashion shows where it's just a bunch of girls walking down the runway to techno in vanilla frosting, car parts, and a ribbon. I love completely, utterly batshit-crazy fashion. You're probably thinking I exaggerated my example, and to a degree I did, but if that really happened in real life, I would have the video surgically implanted into my brain-- that is, if my heart did not explode of joy when I saw it. I depend on you, Gareth, for my dose of insanity and fun, but your show was black and relatively shapeless and almost wearable with tweaking (because they were... ugly), as if you intend to profit off your talents by selling wares. What were you thinking? Especially this.

Three words, Mr. Pugh: Glorified. Puffer Coat.

I hope that The Lord of All Things Fashiony, Juan Carlos Antonio Galliano, puts out a couple of pretty freakin' quirky shows to make up for this. Please, JCAG, be your typical completely, utterly batshit-crazy self. Or I might cry.

1 comment:

Mary said...

i really though armani shown too! I liked that it was more classic this time and not so.. blingy? i guess?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails