Sunday, April 19, 2009

Arlo Weiner, My Dream Child

Gee, I hope you haven't had nearly enough of image-heavy posts! I came across a GQ article about eight-year-old Arlo Weiner, son of Matt Weiner, the creator of the sartorially delightful television show Mad Men. It seems that Arlo has been inspired by the sense of style around him from a young age, but the difference between him and other young boys is that when he asked his parents for a tophat at age three, he wore it to school. As you look through the slideshow of some of his dignified and creative outfits, Arlo talks about his love of argyle and mixing patterns, why he ties his tie like an English gentleman, and how inspired he is by Frank Sinatra. He brings these elements into his daily dress like a pro, with purpose and panache. Now, I don't know about you, but I think that takes one daring, confident second-grader to dress outside the box like this! Most adults wouldn't be brave enough to perform once the feats of pattern and color play that this fashion prodigy performs on a daily basis. I love this kid so much. It's so incredible to see a young boy whose personal style is so inspired by times gone past (surely a product of his father's work)-- more like, it's incredible to see a young boy who has a sense of personal style. Seriously, I love this kid, and I want to take him home with me.






Arlo, you're truly something special, and I won't be surprised if you become a major player on the fashion stage in years to come. And you know what? I can't wait.

*photos courtesy of men.style.com

3 comments:

Love + Cake said...

omgomgomgomg, this is SO priceless! This is SOOO adorable!! :D Fabulous post! He's so briliant!

xox, mavi

amanda said...

I'm in love with Arlo. He has such chutzpah!

Kay said...

That's who he is! He dresses better than most men do, I really hope he goes into fashion when he's older - the results would be amazing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails