Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Results May Very


*You know how rap used to be about urban poetry, but now it's about bitches, hos, acting like you're the hot shit, and/or not really making much sense whatsoever? Well, Snacks and Shit is an amazing blog. Like, amazingly funny. Check it out.

*The best cover of "Samson" by Regina Spektor that I've ever heard.

*If you haven't been checking out Shoes and Your Mom to get your kicks (ha), you'd best get your butt over there right now.


xkcd.com is a fan of the classics -- click to embiggen

*I stumbled upon the online shop Shana Logic, and you probably should, too. Everything is very cute, "Indie," and often inspired by small forest creatures or sushi. There's even a few items-- darling buttons, hairclips, earrings, and necklaces-- of which 10% of the proceeds go to the ASPCA. Like she says, it's a great way to support artists and animals at the same time. Just click the "Fashion Fundraiser" tab.

*Does anyone else think R2D2 and this Greek house look a wee bit similar? Maybe give it a really quick glance and squint.


well at least i thought so...


*The Times Online UK interview with/article about Scott Schuman. He seems like such a nice guy. Plus, I love how he says he won't shoot a woman if she's wearing Uggs. Now there's a guy I can relate to!

*I always come back to Francesca Woodman. Her work is ridiculously captivating, creepy, and beautiful.


francesca woodman: untitled (1976)

*There is nothing like writing on paper. It's usually the cure for any kind of writer's block I get while at my computer. Something about a pen and a fresh page in a notebook makes me feel inspired.

*I heart Baryshnikov.

*I'm kinda glad the fall shows are over, how about you? Couture's more my thang, yo.



how i felt by the end of all this business.

*Aaaand one more loverly picture to brighten your day, my dears:

how sick are those shoes, am i right? photo by chen zhun, harper's bazaar china.


These are
some of the things I'm lovin' this week, but tell me what you think in the comments!

3 comments:

diane said...

That first picture made me say Wow!
I adore Scott, and I'm so glad he's with Garance. Her story about him cracking American jokes which she only 1/2 understood is very charming. xo

amanda said...

Bless you for linking to Snacks and Shit. I can't stop laughing!

I love Shana Logic, but it reminds me a bit of fondant-covered cakes. Everything looks so lovely and adorable, but in the end it's a bit too sweet/too twee.

micol zanzuri said...

love ths first pic!



mikysclset.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails